Garden of Tranquillity
Now open to the public, with an official launch being planned for 2021.
Created by Garden Design Diploma graduate Judy Good, the Garden of Tranquillity will be a safe, peaceful and sensory greenspace for people with dementia. The Garden will:
- Support local people with dementia so that they feel included and can safely experience the therapeutic benefits of being outdoors.
- Inspire visitors with ideas to make their own gardens more dementia-friendly and emphasise how horticulture can promote good health and wellbeing.
- Educate people about the prevalence of dementia and highlight Edinburgh as a world-leader in dementia research.
Image credit: Kirsty Wilson
The Garden of Tranquillity has been made possible thanks to:
- Michael Good and Fiona Sutherland Good
- Players of People's Postcode Lottery
- The Castansa Trust
- Pump House Trust
- Individuals who responded to our appeal
We are very grateful for their support enabling this new garden to come to life.