Scientific and Technical Services
The Scientific and Technical Services (STS) section is responsible for the operation, maintenance and development of RBGE laboratory facilities
Providing laboratory facilities for 80-90 users per year
Delivering training and research support for plant science and conservation
The RBGE laboratories are a shared-use core facility available for use by all RBGE affiliated investigators, associates, postdocs and students.
The Science and Technical Services team provide specialist training and technical assistance to all users of the RBGE laboratories.
We also undertake research into technique development and apply this to a wide range of plant, fungi and environmental samples.
- Dr Michelle Hart, Head of Scientific and Technical Services
As Head of Scientific and Technical Services
- Frieda Christie, Microscopy Technician
Frieda Christie retired from RBGE in
- Dr Laura Lowe Forrest, Molecular Laboratory Manager
Laura Forrest (ORCID;
- Ruth Hollands, General Laboratory Manager
Ruth has worked at RBGE for over 30 years, starting
- Dr Flávia Fonseca Pezzini, BioinformaticianRead full bio
- Dr Giada Ferrari, Herbarium Genomics Research Assistant
Giada obtained her PhD in evolutionary biology from
- Dr Kanae Nishii, Laboratory Technician, Research Associate
Kanae Nishii has interests in evolutionary development and systematics in the family Gesneriaceae, in particular the genus Streptocarpus. KN is a laboratory technician and holds research associateships in the Tropical Diversity section at RBGE and Kanagawa University in Japan, carrying out research in both institutes.