Media and Commercial Photography
The Press & Marketing Department serves as the liaison to assist members of the media in contacting RBGE’s experts.
We welcome visits by print and broadcast media representatives researching stories or seeking photographs on the four Gardens of RBGE and our outreach in science, horticulture, education and art and also our role as visitor destinations.
Where at all possible, please contact us in advance of your visit and provide early indication of any special requirements you might want to request. Access will be limited to the public areas of the Gardens, unless otherwise requested.
Please contact our Press Office if you are a commercial unit or member of the media and plan on taking photos or videos during your visit to the Gardens. Commercial photography and film must be agreed as far in advance as possible, preferably two weeks ahead of proposed activity and after a recce.
We will handle non-commercial filming and photography free of charge or part-charged if we think it will benefit RBGE (by publicising our scientific and horticultural work or status as a visitor attraction). Any charge would depend on the nature and duration of your filming in the Gardens.
These guidelines outline the service we provide and what is required of you.
Making a filming/photography request
- Submit a detailed itinerary to the Press Office including locations, plants, interviews and accurate timings.
- The Glasshouses are currently closed for refurbishment and are no longer available for filming/photography.
- Commercial filming is charged by the hour and in consideration of impact on Garden operations. Additional expenses may be incurred such as security and horticultural fees.
- Recce: we require the crew/photographer to carry out a recce with a member of RBGE staff.
- Location release: we will sign this at the recce stage
- Insurance agreement: supply this at the recce stage
- Personal/parental release forms: it is the responsibility of the crew/photographer to gain signed consent where necessary before filming.
Requirements on day of filming/photography
- RBGE staff accompany the crew/photographer at all times, your filming is dependent on staff being available.
- We ask that you do not interact with the public. It is essential that you consult us if you intend to interact with the public and, if we agree, that you gain personal/parental permission.
Contact the RBGE Press Office
This service is for members of the press only.
To hear the latest about our vital science and conservation work in Scotland and around the world, request images and interviews or find out what's coming up at the Edinburgh, Benmore, Logan and Dawyck Gardens, you can contact members of our Press Office during weekday office hours.
- Shauna Hay on 07824 529028 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Suzie Huggins on 07385 491460 or email email@example.com
- Sandra Donnelly on 07312 128637 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For out-of-hours press enquiries call 07824 529028.
For general enquiries please contact reception on 0131 552 7171 or email email@example.com