Visiting us during Covid-19
Visitors are no longer required to book time slot tickets online in advance before visiting.
The health and safety of our visitors remains a top priority. With this in mind, measures will remain in place in our buildings and dining spaces.
The Regional Gardens are open with some restrictions in place.
For more information on visiting during Coronavirus, see our FAQ's.
Helping to protect you during your visit
We have introduced a number of health and safety measures to protect and reassure you when you visit our Gardens.
- You will receive a warm welcome at a distance.
- There are hand sanitiser units at entrances and other points within the Garden.
- There are protection screens at receptions.
- Contactless payments only.
- PPE is available for our staff. Face coverings are now mandatory in all enclosed spaces, including the toilet facilities.
- There is helpful, directional signage within the boundaries of the Garden.
- Toilets, including additional temporary facilities, are open but please observe maximum limits.
For more information, please refer to our FAQs.
The Glasshouses - closed
Our Glasshouses are currently closed as part of Edinburgh Biomes, the Garden’s major restoration and construction project. Work is now underway to protect our globally important Living Collection of plants for future generations. We apologise for any inconvenience.
Eating and Drinking at the Edinburgh Garden
Our cafes are open. Please wear a face covering in our restaurants, unless you are seated while eating or exempt.
We ask all visitors to be prepared to use contactless payment methods.
Visit our Food and Drink page for full details.
The newly refurbished Botanics Shop at the Edinburgh Garden is open daily from 10am.